Sunday, October 24, 2010

I Hate Ranchi . . or do I ?

Walking down the street with a friend one day, my jaunt got disrupted by my trampling into our sacred animal's most sacred giving to us - the 'holy-cow' poo ! The facetious event drove my friend to an outburst of chuckling and rolling . To cover the embarrassment I quickly uttered my three favourite words put together - I hate Ranchi !! Yes, I do hate Ranchi. Now you may wonder, why fight with a city ? What gives ? Well, heres a little back up story for you :

I have lived in very many cities all my life. All those places have been major cities of the country. My father's job allows us to shift as soon as I get comfortable in one place. No, it is NOT the army. This vagary had done enough damage to me already and was back to do some more. I mean seriously ? give a break already will you !? The news of moving to
Ranchi was finally broken to me. I cried I moaned I weeped but there was no escape. Finally the day had arrived. Since the day I set foot in the city, not a single day passed when I did not utter these three words ! I think I would have said this more than I have ever said 'mamma' or 'pappa' !! I did hate Ranchi.

Now going back to the former, that day when the poo destroyed my lovely flip flops, it occurred to me how I haven't used this phrase in so long !! I was struck ! A phrase that dominated most words I spoke in a day was suddenly a forgotten sentence . The baffled me asked herself - you still do hate
Ranchi right ?! Now c'mon, don't say no ! Yes I did but i realized i never really got time to hate it anymore because even in this awful city I managed to find wonderful people . I might bicker over little things but facts cannot be gainsaid, I AM having fun ! Its not the city that you like its the people . Coming from me is stranger cause I am infact the most city oriented, superficial, materialistic person ever. Had I not given a chance I would have never known . Sure I will be soon out of this place but believe it or not I will miss it . Miss hating it too . No, I am never coming here again, not as a joke and NEVER for a holiday but I ll miss it ! Thank you those special people for making even a super crappy place like this interesting ! Oh bite me, to err is human after all :)

PS: Now now don't get me wrong, I still do hate
Ranchi :p

6 comments:

Gowri O said...

ah! fields :P

Anonymous said...

same philosophy extended to humans would bring peace on earth! Sadly... more than half the world is filled with the same thing that you incidently trotted into!

Shruti said...

Yes ! Didnt know this would happen to me . I am pleasantly surprised though :)

Anonymous said...

hey Shruti, i dont know how I came across this blog of yours but I simply loved it.

Shruti said...

aww thank you so much :D

Anonymous said...

Please, please... count me in..

Post a Comment