Monday, October 25, 2010

Its a car? Its garbage? Wait, its a 'Garbage- Car' !!

I have a fetish for trash ! Yes, I am a person with strange interests. It is always the most bizarre objects that catch my attention. This lookout for trash also once got my mother naming me a 'Kabadi' [hindi name for a ragpicker ] ! Actually she called me a 'South-Indian-Kabadi' but I shall enlighten on that next time . .

Heres a little story of how I found the most incredible looking trash ever :
There is a small piece of land beside the sidewalk in an area named Kadru in the city of Ranchi. Being my regular route of travel I passed that plot almost a million times before. In the daily race to meet and beat time I never gave this site a second look. One fine day, gaiting across the street something struck me. I looked up and in the midst of all the muck stood an old, almost ancient motorcar with rust reeking from every possible inch. 'Wow' ! - my first words. I ought to have a picture of it. I just did. I took out my camera [thats right ! I carry my camera everywhere I go !] but batteries had worn out. Everytime i passed by a sense of need for the picture overwhelmed me. Finally I fixed batteries for the cam and snapped the perfect picture. The onlookers failed to understand my fascination but I continued my action. You might think I am crazed too .

Only yesterday did I see, the car was gone ! City groomers are building a mall there. Maybe no one will ever feel its absence but the cadaverous piece of iron shall be missed by me . .

For all those who wish to share my experience, here is the dollar shot . .



Worth it ! :)
love,
S

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I empathise!

Shruti said...

I knew you would :)

Post a Comment